U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Alt process images in upcoming exhibitions

Re: Alt process images in upcoming exhibitions

Alas,
I was going to be in the show, but my 4 images I sent to Great Britain are lost in the mail...they attempted delivery or some such nonsense a number of times, they bounced hither and thither, then GB returned them, and it seems that the illustrious United States Post Office has them somewhere in Bozeman for the last month and a half on RECORD but I have heard nothing, received nothing, no notices at all...nothing...and basically lost $200 matting and shipping and entry fees and $1000 worth of work. I can only hope that this coming week I will be able to find them somewhere.

I never even knew they were LOST until last week when I asked Peter Moseley if they got there because I had heard nothing.

Luckily I had insured them and thus had a means of tracking the package. But I was stupid enough to believe that insuring something would ALSO insure that they got there.

This week I am shipping to a couple shows and from now on I think I will just have to bite the bullet and go UPS, which is SO costly. But this was such a horror story for me.

And you know what? The worst thing about it all is losing a line on my resume towards tenure! That's how silly the pressure for tenure is. Oh my.
Chris