U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Dry mounting gum prints

Dry mounting gum prints

I curious if anyone ever dry mounts their gum prints? I’m going to give it a go shortly but I’m wondering what effect the heat from the dry mount press will have on the hardened emulsion.

I know that Keith Taylor dry mounts his paper to aluminum sheets to maintain dimensionally stability to insure registration for large tri-color prints. But I believe he uses Seal Fusion tissue (a lower temp tissue) so that the paper can be reheated to release it from the aluminum when the printing is finished. My press will be set to about 180F.

Thanks,

Don Bryant