U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pictorico pinholes

Re: Pictorico pinholes

Hi Eric,

Thanks. Good advice, all.

I am still getting a couple of pinholes, but nothing nearly as bad as before. So I do think the humidifier helped a lot. I had noticed that when I was pulling apart the sheets (before I used the humidifier), I would do it slowly enough, but there would still be this crackling kind of noise. Ouch. That really didn't sound good, but I could never actually *see* a problem, but I suspect there was definitely some little flaking or lift off, as you say--and always random. I really wouldn't have thought it was that dry in this house, but I also wonder about having the packet of unopened Pictorico sitting around here for several months. Anyway, so I also just ordered a new packet altogether (like I have nothing better to spend my money on), and I'll see what that's like. Thanks, Eric. I do appreciate all the good suggestions!

Diana