U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pictorico pinholes

Re: Pictorico pinholes

Diana,

Low humidity will definitely cause more dust marks on the negative and perhaps more pinholes.  I use a humidifier in the winter when making negatives.  If you still get some pinholes or dust marks, these are a pain because they will print black with most processes and thus are hard to spot on the print.

If I get pinholes or dust marks on the negative, I put the negative on a light table emulsion side down and  look  for them.  Then I spot them with an extra fine Red Sharpie pen. This will block  the UV light  and give you a white spot on the print that is much easier to touch  up.

The R1800 seems the worst of the lot when  it comes to pinholes and dust spots.... I think this is because the  inks are slower drying.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com