U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Pictorico pinholes

Re: Pictorico pinholes

Hi Mark,

Yes,  using the humidifier in the room definitely helped quite a bit. I've been using Pictorico for a long while and have really never had this sort of problem, so initially I didn't think this was a humidity issue. Same computer, same scanner, same printer--all in the same room--for years now--and we really don't use much heat here.  I'm still getting two or three pinholes, but not nearly as bad.  (Oh, I am painfully aware that the pinholes will print black-- that's the issue, really, isn't it?)  So I'll try the extra fine red sharpie pen on the negative and then just spot the print.  That makes sense to me and definitely cheaper than going through that Pictorico package, although I also suspect that there might have been a problem with the package I have, or at least a problem with having it sit around for so long, even though sealed and unopened.  That's my best guess, anyway. Thanks, Mark.

Diana