U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: matte black paint pen

Re: matte black paint pen

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: matte black paint pen
  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:35:35 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ryuji Suzuki" <rs@silvergrain.org>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 9:29 PM
Subject: matte black paint pen

I'm looking for something I can use to paint on certain shiney
black plastic parts of my new Zenit camera to reduce
reflection. Given the size and structure, it has to be really
thin and durable, so gluing something is not an option. Does
anyone know a suitable material? Is there a pen with matte
black paint?

The best generally available light absorbent paint I've been able to find is Krylon Ultra-Flat-Black. Its available only in spray cans but you can spray some in a small container and apply it with a brush. I think the paste-on flocking is better and there are some hard to find specialty paints but this stuff is relatively cheap, works well, and is available in most hardware stores.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com