From: Katharine Thayer [mailto:kthayer@pacifier.com]
Sent: 06 Aralık 2006 Çarşamba 05:19
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Gum Preservatives

You could, but I wouldn't. What you need is a biocide, while glyoxal
functions as a crosslinking agent.  If you used enough glyoxal to
crosslink the gum enough to discourage mold growth, I suspect it
would also render the gum insoluble (thus unusable).   In my
experiments hardening gum for painting, I found that a drop of
glyoxal hardened 5 ml of gum to a crystalline state. In general, I'd
say you want the crosslinking of gum to occur in the exposure phase,
not before.
Katharine