U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Gum Preservatives

Re: Gum Preservatives

Hi Loris,

There are many preservatives that can be used. Judy suggested formaldehyde. Thymol works well enough for me except when I put in too little - I wanted to put in a minimum amount. The smelly gum printed fine, maybe even better than fresh. I hope you didn't throw out your spoiled gum.

Anyone interested in making Smellotypes? Odorgrams?

By the way, Sandy showed me the schedule of events for the Istanbul photofest. Very impressive!

Sam