U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Cleaning glass for dryplates

Re: Cleaning glass for dryplates

I also use the whiting + grain alcohol recipe others have mentioned for cleaning glass intended for wetplate.  I like using "PEC-Pads" instead of paper towels or other cloths.  They really hold up to the cleaning process.  I usually use a pad to clean and polish the plate and then a paper towel to knock any remaining whiting (calcium carbonate) from the roughed edge of the glass.

Joe