U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: First Tricolor Gum (on aluminum)

RE: First Tricolor Gum (on aluminum)

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: First Tricolor Gum (on aluminum)
  • From: Loris Medici <mail@loris.medici.name>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:44:31 +0200

Thanks.

Yes I print the cyan layer first - but I still can't register by eye
because I use plain paper negatives not transparency material.

I'm just using an empirically designed curve. Will calibrate using
Mark's system later - when I'm more familiar with the process - I just
want to experiment as much as possible right now; can't bother myself
with trying to be as precise / consistent as possible. To me gum is
definitely not for the control freak...

Thanks for the aluminum flashing tip - will look for this material.
Since I plan to paint the bare aluminum borders for most of my images
(mostly white - but with some color in it, like an overmat / frame) to
prevent distraction, a pre-painted material won't do harm... But this
won't work for images where seeing the metal borders would be preferred.

Next project is:
To face-mount the images to plexiglass. (See
http://plexiphoto.com/engels/samples.html <- will do something like this
- think of it as in-house Diasec mounting. I'm still looking for
suitable materials and thinking on procedures...)

Best regards,