U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: First Tricolor Gum (on aluminum)

Re: First Tricolor Gum (on aluminum)

On Dec 11, 2006, at 7:27 AM, Loris Medici wrote:

My understanding also is the same, CaCO3 gives a gritty/toothy surface.
Probably matte acrylic gesso also contains considerable amnt. of CaCO3
both as a colorant and as a surface tooth agent. Since I learned this
from Keith and I also know that he may put 6 - 7 layers on top of each
other, I'd say this kind of surface priming is pretty robust.
This is good to know.

I've liked a gelatin/gesso mixture for paper, but hadn't thought of using it, or something similar, on other surfaces.

kt