From: Katharine Thayer [mailto:kthayer@pacifier.com]
Sent: 11 Aralık 2006 Pazartesi 17:07
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: First Tricolor Gum (on aluminum)

The calcium carbonate, I take it, is for "traction" to give the gum
something to hang onto,  much like the fine sand I use in acrylic for
the same purpose on hard surfaces.   I find that it doesn't always
hold three layers; sometimes it will, but sometimes the top one will
only hold in areas where there aren't already two layers of gum.  And
sometimes the top layer will stick to the other two layers and then
all three layers pull off the surface together. So I'd say you did
quite well on your first attempt.  Which was your last layer, the
yellow or the magenta?

I suppose in a way this could be seen as a variation on the gelatin/
gesso thing.  It's interesting to watch how ideas spread and mutate.
Katharine