From: Jack Fulton [mailto:jefulton1@comcast.net]
Sent: 12 Aralık 2006 Salı 17:40
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: plexglass face mounting

I don't believe it's the yellowing but something to do with how the
photograph is glued to the sheet of plex. I heard (w/out full
substantiation) that Andreas Gursky's set of large plex-mounted pieces had
failed, or began to fade, or something such as that and they are being
re-done to the cost of quite a few dollars (euros). This method of mounting
originated in Stuttgart, Germany, I believe, and is called the Diasec
process. Most ink-jet prints made w/the latest papers do not mount well on
the plex. There is yet debate over the process but w/the caveat being
scratches on the  surface, I'
d think that being 'sealed' behind that plex might actually aid longevity of
the print.
Jack Fulton