U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: plexglass face mounting

Re: plexglass face mounting

I don't believe it's the yellowing but something to do with how the photograph is
glued to the sheet of plex. I heard (w/out full substantiation) that Andreas Gursky's
set of large plex-mounted pieces had failed, or began to fade, or something such
as that and they are being re-done to the cost of quite a few dollars (euros). This
method of mounting originated in Stuttgart, Germany, I believe, and is called the
Diasec process. Most ink-jet prints made w/the latest papers do not mount well
on the plex. There is yet debate over the process but w/the caveat being scratches
on the surface, I'
d think that being 'sealed' behind that plex might actually aid longevity of the print.
Jack Fulton