U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: A question about inks

Re: A question about inks

On Dec 12, 2006, at 10:07 AM, Sandy King wrote:

Can someone tell me if the India Ink used by lithographers is a pigmented ink or a dye ink? And if they are pigmented, would anyone know of a source for inks of other colors that disperse as easily in water and gelatin solutions as India ink?

Also, what is the difference between a waterproof and non- waterprooof ink?
Sandy, my understanding is that black India inks, as a rule, are made with lamp black or carbon black pigment.

Katharine