U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: plexglass face mounting

RE: plexglass face mounting

Have you tried Hydrocote Polyshield? I have prints coated w/ this which
don't show any signs of deterioration/yellowing after 3 years.

From: Camden Hardy [mailto:camden@hardyphotography.net]
Sent: 12 Aralık 2006 Salı 22:37
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: plexglass face mounting

I'd be suspicious of polyurethane in general.

I just finished a series of 24"x32" pt/pd prints (8"x8" squares collaged
together), which were coated with "non-yellowing" polyurethane.  Guess
what...they turned yellow.  It worked out really well in the context of
my project (I was secretly hoping they would turn yellow), but it's
hardly non-yellowing.

On the other hand, it may have a different effect on aluminum...