U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: cheap ink

Re: cheap ink

> I would have thought a continuous ink system such as the Lyson one:
> http://www.lyson.com/cis.html would be most suitable for educational
> establishments. The initial outlay is high but I worked out that they
> would pay for themselves before the first set of 125ml bottles are used
> up.

We had a continuous flow system in our digital lab for a while; we did
save money on ink.  However, the system caused more problems than it
solved.  We were constantly fighting with bubbles, leaks, kinks,
clogs...the list goes on.

So much time went into fixing the problems the continuous flow created, we
didn't really save any money in the long run (in fact, I'd venture to say
we lost money).

I absolutely do not recommend this kind of system in an educational
environment.  We switched back to Epson ink cartridges, and our printer
maintenance has decreased significantly.

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net