U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Palladium-toning Van Dyke

Re: Palladium-toning Van Dyke

Jordan,

If you care about permanence all vandyke prints should be toned. Your choices are to tone before fixing with gold, palladium or platinum, or after fixing and a thorough wash with selenium.

The final color of a vandyke print toned with palladium or platinum is a warm black with a touch of rust. With gold toning you get a blue black with a touch of rust.

Sandy King