U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: VDB metal bleed in water bath

Re: VDB metal bleed in water bath

thanks Loris, I don't think that excessive coating is my problem. IÊ was previously coating a 11x14 area with 1.8 ml sensitizer and getting bleeding. I've since increased to around 3 ml with much better dmax! However, the staining is still creeping in from the borders into the whites (it's fairly mild but shows in the whites).Ê
Mabey, it's just a matter ofÊ getting the amount of sensitizer just right? But, I'm not left with giant puddles at the end of the coating runs (sometimes very small puddles).Ê
I'm going to try the photoflo this week.Ê
I did try pre-coating the paper with distilled water but by the second coat of sensitizer the paper was getting pretty bumpy for my puddle pusher. I'll stick with the humidifier.
cheers and happy boxing day!

david