U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Karen mail

Re: Karen mail

When I received the 1800 messages dear Karen, and bless he soul because I am sure she had no idea of the havoc she was about the wreck when she kicked in the forwarding reply feature on her email, my first thought was that someone was trying deliberately to tie up my email system. Just imagine, for example, what those 1800 messages would have cost you in time if each of them had a long attachment file.

Now, you ask, why would I be so paranoid as to think such a thing? Well, some years ago when I was department chair I got involved in rather nasty exchange with one of my colleagues. This was some years ago when most of us still used dial-up connections. One evening the colleague sent me an email with two long attachments, and then just to get my attention she sent it three more times. Took me about four hours to get my email program cleared with the downloading time. OK, I thought to myself, four messages took three hours to download, so what would happen if I replied with the same attachments and hit send 100 times?

Yep, I did it.

Sandy King

Of course Karen Quinn might have been Terry King or Julia Margaret Cameroon in disguise, i.e., a ghost of Christmas past.

Bob Schramm

Check out my web page at:

http://www.SchrammStudio.com

Fixing up the home? Live Search can help http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmemailtaglinenov06&FORM=WLMTAG