U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Karen mail

Re: Karen mail

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Karen mail
  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 21:48:27 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Peterson" <petersonrbrt@yahoo.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 8:44 PM

That's good information if Outlook Express handles your mail. It doesn't for me. Will someone be kind enough to tell me how to unsubscribe to avoid this deluge?

Bob Peterson
Unsubscribing will not help, the messages have already been sent by the Alt processes machine to your mail server and are there now. If you unsubscribe you will simply not get legitimate messages from the list. The originating member has been unsubscribed so there will be no more of these messages.

If you are using Yahoo mail you have a web mail site. You can delete the messages there without downloading them. Otherwise you must download them and then delete them. By using a block sender selection the mail client (I use Outlook Express) will route the messages to your deleted mail folder but you must still download them. If you are on a dial up this will take quite some time. You can also just click on "subject" which will sort all of these messages together. Then highlight the first one, press "shift" and highlight the last one. This should highlight all of them, then click "delete" on the tool bar. Then click on "edit" and click "empty deleted items".

All mail clients have similar functions.

I deleted the messages at my webmail site but it took quite a while. It should be done, one way or another, because otherwise the messages will stay on the mail server and take up space. Fortunately, these were small messages.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com