U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: dichromate stain and chemistry question

Re: dichromate stain and chemistry question

I might be late in mentioning this for I've not read all the posts.
The 18% hydrochloric acid mentioned below is often title Muriatic Acid
and is 32% hydrochloric acid. This product can be purchased in most
swimming pool or spa supply stores.

At concrete and rock stores a product known as Concrete Etch, for the
cleaning of stone fireplaces and rock surfaces is sold. This is Phosphoric
Acid.

At any motorcycle shop you can purchase sulphuric acid because they
generally fill the small batteries used in motorcycles. I have actually picked
up a small container that is about one pint, for no cost.

Best for this New Year
Jack Fulton