U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Colored Dags?

Re: Colored Dags?

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: Colored Dags?
  • From: Bill William <iodideshi@yahoo.co.jp>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:34:29 +0900 (JST)

Hi Roger,
(B
(BThank you for that information.
(B
(BActually I have briefly looked through Hills
(Btreatise (while standing up) but at the time I was
(Bsomewhat skeptical due partly to the long and flowery
(Btitle given to it and if I recall, it also seemed to lack
(Ba lot meat, so to speak. That said, I was and still am,
(Binterested in interference color synthesis and might have
(Ba copy of it with me... I will have to check my library...
(BIn anycase I guess I WILL have to look at it again.
(B
(BThanks again for the tip.
(B
(BI will see what the smithsonian has.
(B
(BRay
(B
(B
(B--- permadocument <info@permadocument.be> wrote:
(B
(B> Hi,
(B>
(B> It seems that the Smithsonian Collection owns about
(B> 60 original Hillotypes.
(B>
(B> Other interesting information is given in:
(B>
(B>
(Bhttp://americanart.si.edu/collections/exhibits/helios/secrets/darkchamber-no
(B>
(Bframe.html?/collections/exhibits/helios/secrets/text_hillotype3.html
(B>
(B> Hill's treatise is described at:
(B>
(B> http://www.cahanbooks.com/cgi-bin/cahan/16685.html
(B>
(B> Have a nice day,
(B> Roger
(B>
(B> --
(B> Roger Kockaerts
(B> Permadocument - pH7
(B> Rue des Balkans, 7
(B> B-1180 Brussels
(B> Tel.:32-2-347 66 76
(B> Fax: 32-2-344 43 04
(B> TVA: BE 0438 246 889
(B> web page: <http://www.permadocument.be>
(B>
(B>
(B> > De : Bill William <iodideshi@yahoo.co.jp>
(B> > R¡¦ondre ßþ: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
(B> > Date : Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:51:34 +0900 (JST)
(B> > ¿þ: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
(B> > Objet : Re: Colored Dags?
(B> >
(B> > Dear etienne
(B> >
(B> > Thank you very much for that clarification.
(B> >
(B> > Having seen more than 100 Lippmann color
(B> photographs
(B> > which also utilise interference generated colors,
(B> I was
(B> > quite certain of the additional facts you now
(B> mention in
(B> > your current post. It is not surprising that one
(B> might
(B> > have trouble reproducing and or viewing such
(B> colors.
(B> >
(B> > Now, to see some of these images, either
(B> originals, or
(B> > somebody's recreation....
(B> >
(B> > Does anyone know who holds these?
(B> >
(B> > Ray
(B> >
(B> > ----------------------------------
(B> > etienne wrote:
(B> >
(B> >> Some researchers in the later 20th century did,
(B> in
(B> >> fact, succeed in making "color-ish"
(B> Daguerrotypes.
(B> >
(B> >> "I think the sensitive plate was prepared using
(B> very
(B> >> close to standard Dag practice, but development
(B> was >
(B> > not chemical, perhaps Becquerel, and there was
(B> >> something very fragile or fugitive about the
(B> image -
(B> >> perhaps, as has been said by others on this
(B> thread,
(B> >> that fixing destroyed the colors.
(B> >>
(B> >> In any event, the color mechanism was found to be
(B> >> interference --
(B> >
(B
(B
(BStart Yahoo! Auction now! Check out the cool campaign
(Bhttp://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/auction/