U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Eric's Spray Booth Expertise

RE: Eric's Spray Booth Expertise

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Eric's Spray Booth Expertise
  • From: EJN Photo <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:17:47 -0600

Here is another comment on spraying booths and peg board. An earlier design
that I made was to have two layers of board about three inches apart. The
fan was only drawing air from that space so that the over spray would be
pulled into the board behind the prints. The more holes you covered, the
more the air was pulled from the surrounding peg board holes;cover too many
holes and you prevent the air from being pull through the holes. I would
slightly elevate the attached backing, in Dan's example it is the acid free
board, so that the air is still being pull through nearly all the holes.

With the HVPL spray guns, the volume of air doesn't move the paper much,
however with some guns there is quite an air flow. This leads to two down
sides; a little more chance of your print moving and increased over spray.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301