U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Eric's Spray Booth Expertise

RE: Eric's Spray Booth Expertise

Hey Don,

Eric probably has better ideas but I'm shimming the print AWAY from the
  peg board via a couple acid free corrugated boards that are smaller
than the prints themselves. These boards are fixed to the peg board with
elevator bolts. I found these bolts by luck at the hardware store. In
short, they are flat head bolts that actually look a lot like a valve
from a 4-stroke engine. Their shank diameter is 1/4 inch; in fact, they
are the same thread as tripod fittings: 1/4-20. These bolts go through
the corrugated and into the peg board and do a great job of holding the
corrugated in place. I did put some tape over the flat heads of the
elevator bolts because metal parts tend to leave marks on paper products.

To hold the print in place over the peg board, I'm using some plastic
peg board clips. I used a heat gun (well, to tell you the truth I
couldn't find the heat gun ((must be packed already)) so I used a match)
to melt these clips to bend them into better shapes. It's working
perfectly so far.

Oh, I do put craft paper down over the peg board to protect it from
overspray buildup.

You can see from this convoluted explanation why I should make that
little video instead. ;^)

Hope this helps...a bit.

Dan

--