U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: reminder messages

Re: reminder messages

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: reminder messages
  • From: Dean Kansky <deankansky@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 11:33:01 -0800 (PST)

This is a good think to do.

In so far as people not being able to figure out how
to unsubscribe, it is as easy as finding out about the
list the first place. More easy, since you know, from
the get go what you are looking for.

More comical is that people who can make Gum and PD
prints can't figure out how to get off a list and send
message after message asking to be let go.

Interesting

--- "Gordon J. Holtslander"
<gordon.holtslander@usask.ca> wrote:

> Good point.
>
> For a few years I had an automated reminder set up
> that would send a message
> at the beginning of each week.  However - the system
> that this reminder ran
> on has been shut down and I forgotten to come up
> with a new way of sending
> out a reminder.
>
> I'll set up a new reminder with details on how to
> unsubscribe etc.
>

> On Monday 15 January 2007 11:04 am, Jack Fulton
> wrote:
> > 	It is my present belief after seeing so many
> people not knowing how
> > to un-subscribe that, issued once, say, every two
> weeks, Gord should
> > put out a very simplified, just a few words, info
> email to all saying
> > how to do it. I don't wish to appear to be rude,
> yet some times I
> > simply wonder where curiosity takes people.
> > Jack Fulton
>
> --
> Gordon J. Holtslander		Dept. of Biology
> gordon.holtslander@usask.ca	University of