U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Newbie introduction

Re: Newbie introduction

Hey Mark... thanks for the reply and all the information.  I do have
the Weldon book, but the Jon Lybrook link was very interesting!  The
scary thing though, is that he doesn't use fluorescent tubes... says
they're too diffuse.  He uses a point light source.  hmmm...  I think
I'll go ahead with my plans to build a UV box, because there are
plenty of other processes I could use it for, if I decide I need point
light for the gravure plates.

The first gravures I saw were by Cy Decosse at John Stevens gallery in
NY.  They just took my breath away.  I've since learned that he has
his work printed by Keith Taylor, and that they in fact, ARE solar
plates instead of traditional copper plate gravures.  If I can get
that level of detail and richness... that's the benchmark for me.

I sympathize about the expense of a press... as I said, I wanted many
years to finally get one.  At least you seem to have access to one,
which is way better than nothing!
Thanks again for all the info!!!

Susan