U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | OT: Digital noise reduction software

OT: Digital noise reduction software

Does anyone have any strong opinions about  Neat Image and/or Noise Ninja?

I've been testing different DSLRs, using high ISOs for RAW captures, and to my surprise the digital noise isn't as bad as I expected, though it's definitely there. So far I prefer Neat Image to Noise Ninja but I don't have the full blown versions of either package so a complete evaluation isn't possible. I'd rather not purchase both to determine which is better. I'm primarily interested in noise reduction rather than other features such as image sharpening.

Any shared experience with either package (or any other) will be appreciated.

TIA,

Don Bryant