U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: OT: Digital noise reduction software

Re: OT: Digital noise reduction software

A couple of thoughts.
If you have been testing these cameras, it implies you've not purchased yet.
I've heard Canon is coming out w/a large chipped, high mpxl camera @ PMA.
A camera such as the Canon 5D allows one to make medium format looking blow-ups to 24x30
with ease, no noise and virtually no sharpening but for using their proprietary software to enlarge.
If that is not the case, and through testing @ a couple of Expos, I settle on Noise Ninja. With my own
Olympus 8080, a very good 8 mpxl advance amateur camera I regularly blow up images to 22x28.
Admittedly they are not perfect and super sharp etc. but they do look very good. Noise Ninja inhibits
the splotchy look in many open areas such as sky.