U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: feedback wanted on reminder message

Re: feedback wanted on reminder message

Gord,

God bless ya for having the consideration to ask for feedback on your weekly list reminder message.

I am sure you have gotten hundreds of private and public notes regarding your request—each offering excruciating, detailed evaluations of both the language and content of your weekly reminder.  I have very little to add to these learned commentaries.

Obviously, you have spent quite a bit of time on crafting the message and have a variety of messages you would like to convey to list members both new and old.  I think the weekly reminder is a good thing to do and I am sure, from your experience running the list, you have pretty well honed what needs to be said.  So, I would only ask that you limit accepting any suggestions for changes to email received by you in the next 5 seconds.

Let me also take this opportunity to say that I certainly appreciate the fact that you sponsor this list and bring together such a fantastic group of talented people from all over the world—providing a place where they can share ideas freely with little interference.  Though there are at times disagreements, usually those disagreements are limited to healthy, well intentioned, constructive debate.  Thanks!

I must admit however that my mind did wonder a bit while pondering your weekly reminder and I fantasized a few possible additions and/or rules:

1.  Anyone who posts, must wait til at least 24 hours before responding to their own post—and then only one response is allowed.
2.  No one can join the list if they have invented a new alt process with the surname "REX," such as Jell-O-Type REX.
3.  No one is allowed to post in ALL CAPS.
4.  No more than the contents of two messages in a thread can be referenced in a post.
5.  All list members are to be supplied with an automatic DELETE key for their keyboard.
6.  All new applicants must be screened with an extensive battery of psychological test to assure that they have at least a fledgling sense of humor.
7.  No list member can claim to have "done extensive testing" unless they are willing to describe the extensive tests they performed.
8.  No list member can subscribe to the list from work if they plan to use an "out office auto-reply," unless they leave their cell phone number where they can be reached while on vacation.
9.  Political discussions should be limited to bashing the politicians that I don't like.
10.  The weekly reminder should end with "hehehehe."

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson

Precision Digital Negatives - The System
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com