U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Lithium palladium vs. "normal" palladium

RE: Lithium palladium vs. "normal" palladium

Loris,

> Let me remind you that the sample calculation I did for you was for
> 60% AFO sensitizer. The norm is to use around 40-45%. Therefore the
> amnt. of corresponding Li2[PdCl4] solution will increase if you use
> 45% AFO instead of 60%.

I did pick up on that, but thanks for clarifying.  Seeing numbers helped
me understand the theory behind the calculations, so I think (hope) I'll
be able to figure it out on my own regardless of the chemistry I use.

One more question.  If I were to use FO instead of AFO, is the molar ratio
of FO to pd double salt 2:1?

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net