U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Tricolor gum printers?

Re: Tricolor gum printers?

Okay, let me phrase the question a different way. Who on the list is working in tricolor gum? I remember Anne Storm van Leeuwen and Marek Matusz had tricolor gums in the traveling portfolio. I think Robert Cockrell had one or two tricolor gums printed over cyanotype, but none by themselves. (I can't seem to google up the traveling portfolio to check, and got a Search Error when I tried to search the archives for the link.). Hamish Stewart has done nice tricolor work using one negative rather than three. Going through the alternative photography galleries for ideas, I saw Dave Rose's tricolor work, and Anne Storm van Leeuwen's, but otherwise a tricolor or two here and there among other works; Henry Rattle's lovely sweet peas, for example. (I just scanned quickly through the galleries, so if I missed someone who is printing tricolor as a major focus of their work, I'd be happy to stand corrected). I'm assuming Keith Gerling, whose work I adore, still works in CMYK. Again, if I'm mistaken about any of this, I'd be glad to stand corrected, because I really would like some bodies of work in tricolor gum to point to for examples of this technique. Although for that matter, once someone has looked at Keith Taylor's prints, whose else do they need to look at, actually....

Katharine