From: SusanV [mailto:susanvoss3@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 12:12 PM
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: Re: Tri-Curious Seeks Other Tri-Quad Curious Gummists

I have no experience with gums yet ( although I DID just order
Christina's book, which I'm very excited about! ).  I do however, have
30 years experience as a painter, including using watercolor pigments
with all their wonderful and varied quirks.  Do you gum-folk
distinguish between more and less opaque pigments, staining pigments,
settling pigments ( like cerulean), etc?

It seems like understanding those characteristics would be very
important to controlling as many variables as possible in a
less-than-predictable medium such as gum printing.  Of course trial
and error can be fun to a degree, and sometimes lead to wonderful
accidents :o)

I would think that, for someone starting out gumming a good basic book
on watercolor painting might be a valuable resource.  Just a thought.
I have those sometimes.

cheeps,
susan
www.dalyvoss.com

On 1/29/07, Michael Koch-Schulte <mkochsch@shaw.ca> wrote:
> Molto buon. Lavoro eccellente. Grazie Damiano. Da 8 strati faccia questa
> media che ogni piastra di CMYK è stata stampata due volte? Aerografo? È
> quello che cosa conosco come airbrush? Come utilizzate il airbrush?
> ~m
> (By 8 layer do you mena each CMYK plate was printed twice.? Aerograph? Is
> that what I know as an airbrush?)
> ~m

Susan Daly Voss
www.dalyvoss.com