U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: polymer gravure idea

Re: polymer gravure idea

I work with Toyobo Printight plates (not Solarplates, but another very sensitive photo-polymer plate), and I work back into the plates after they're exposed and are hardened. The plates are tough, but I can add drypoint lines with a small scraper tip (a regular etching needle is not really sharp enough for what I want), and I can scrape away heavily aquatinted areas to lighten them to a range of values. The one thing I'm still struggling with--so far unsuccessfully--is getting rid of darker marks in light areas. I've read that Putz Pomade or Brasso can work to "polish" the plates to a lighter value, but my experience tells me that it still doesn't eliminate a dark blot.

I also don't wait 24 hrs to expose my Pictorico film positives after they come out of my 2200. I haven't noticed any problems.

Hope that helps.

Nancy

Jeremy Moore wrote:
Susan,

I'm using an Epson 2200 with the new Pictorico OHP which comes on
rolls and I only let my negs dry for about 3 hours before I print them
and when I reprint them days or weeks later I get the exact same print
(as far as i can tell).

-Jeremy-