U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: First try gravure

Re: First try gravure

Hi Clay and thanks for the info about the fuses!

I called tech support, and the guy was great.... but you know how when
you take your car to the shop, it won't make that weird
"zing....whackawhacka-shoooooo" noise for the repair guy?  Well....
while on the phone with the Nuarc techie, the machine worked like a
champ.  I dunno... last week was like Christmas, getting all my stuff,
but now it's feeling more like April 1st.  ha.

Well, anyway, the tech told me how to diagnose what the problem is, if
it should do it again.  Like if it makes a clicking noise (relay
opening or closing), when the light goes out.  That means it's
overheating and the temp sensor is turning it off.  if it quietly
fades out that could be a voltage problem, but that can be adjusted
for.  It's working great now though, so we shall see...

susan