U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Cutting KM73 polymer plates

Cutting KM73 polymer plates

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Cutting KM73 polymer plates
  • From: SusanV <susanvoss3@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 14:23:41 -0500

HI guys... I'm testing away here today, and getting some encouraging
results!  My newest question is how do ya'll cut these plates?  I've
tried a draw knife with a carbon steel blade, and a similar tool used
for cutting plexi.  I've used both before when cutting zinc plates for
printmaking (by making multiple scores), but these thin little polymer
and steel (?) or (aluminum (?), things are killing me to cut through.

I'm about ready to break out the circular saw or the table saw :o)))

susan

www.dalyvoss.com