U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Wrinkled Prints

Re: Wrinkled Prints

Rabbit, or equivalent, made from skin & bones is not easy to replace by other glues for the purpose i use it.
I glue the thin rice papers on the backside of used offset sheets, and then continue the preparation for oilprint or gum the way i do for paper (so it is important that there is no problem to put it in water for hours without coming off the alu-sheet; a side effect is the registration of the neg.) , but i also use the same sheets for glicee-printing and there the rabbit glue is essential, not only for sticking it to the alu-sheet but more important as a coating to make it suitable for inkjetprinting with pigment ink. Cheap and astonishing. Just a stable printer is necessary, like the Epson 1270.
In a week time i will put some results on my website, preparing a show end march.
Cheers,
Henk