U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | solarplate problems

solarplate problems

I purchased my first batch of solarplate last year at Intaglio Printmakers supplies in London.  It had no commercial name but just solarplate written in pencil. I recently bought another batch described as Toyobo solarplate and with no instructions provided.  I have been following the Dan Weldon and Pauline Muir book. The Toyoba does not seem to be working the same way as the earlier stuff- even to getting an exposure on a Stouffer step wedge. It seems to require more exposure.  Basically, is it me or is this material slightly different? ( The UV unit is okay because I was able to use the earlier material.) All suggestions and help gratefully received. Hellena