U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | converting nuarc platemaker

converting nuarc platemaker

I use a NuArc fliptop platemaker that uses carbon arc rods in a Photo-based Printmaking course. I have had difficulty recently getting the rods, and because I'm using it for teaching, my students go through the 8" rods in about one week. Does anyone out there know if it's possible to convert these units from carbon arc to bulb? Though the unit is quite old it's in excellent shape and has a very nice vacuum table. Many thanks for any help.
Nancy