U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: gums of Cy's work

Re: gums of Cy's work

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: Re: gums of Cy's work
  • From: Bruce Campbell <brucerccampbell@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:22:45 -0800 (PST)

Susan

I'll second Judy's comment regarding the John Stevenson Gallery and Cy de Cosse's prints.  They have his and a few other gum prints plus many other alt process prints.

Bruce

Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com> wrote:

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, SusanV wrote:

> Hey Keith... well there's no way I can be disappointed in seeing your
> gums of Cy's work, so I'll look forward to that! Alas... APIS is
> beyond my reach, at least this year. I hope you'll at least have them
> on your website, even though that doesn't show the incredible richness
> of a gravure.

Susan, If you get into NYC, stop at the John Stevenson gallery on 23rd
Street (between 6th & 7th Ave if memory serves) probably better on a
weekday at an off hour, and you may have the good fortune, as I did, to
find a very obliging young man in charge who will take out every one of
the prints in Cy de Cosse's drawer and let you admire to your heart's
content. When I apologized for taking so much time, he said he enjoyed the
opportunity to see them again, too.

They are amazing.

Judy