U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: solarized gums?

Re: solarized gums?

I've meant to mention that in Post-Factory #3, in an article about Sarah Van Kueren ("Not by Gum Alone", p. 35) she points out a "Tritone" or "solarized" effect on a gum over cyanotype from a pinhole neg on Rives BFK which creates a stunning "Mackie line" around a tree.

I'd gotten some similar effects and was thus inspired to make an entire (little) print as reversal, using density in the top half of the 21 step, not the usual lower half. It worked fine with one tube of paint (WN ultramarine) not with another. I show the print with data after Sarah's article, page 37-38.

(Very intriguing, but in gum.... there are so many games to play....)

J.