From: joachim2@optonline.net
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Sent: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 8:03 AM
Subject: RE: "Raw" for dummies ?

Judy, I also use a G-5 as my "vest-pocket camera" (I wear a large vest).
There are distinct advantages to RAW in so far as modifications in RAW are
doable & provide significant image control. However, for modest sized prints
(especially of grandchildren in their swimming pool) that will rarely make
it beyond the refrigerator pin-up fine setting on JPEG works quite
adequately. I use RAW when I take "real" photos" and make adjustment in
light, contrast, even color among several other possible settings. but I use
JPEG fine when I shoot tons of grandchildren pictures for grandma. Joachim.