U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: solarplate images up on my website

Re: solarplate images up on my website

Christina Z. Anderson wrote:
Susan, thanks for posting your stuff on the blog--it is very easy to view, etc. I see the birch image (or aspens?) is very successful which leads me to believe that the real benefit to solarplate comes when using busy detailed imagery (e.g. the orchids on my page).
Hi Chris,

I agree -- 'busy' images are easier to get away with under this process. Long, smooth tonal areas without patches are possible, however and when they are successful it is very satisfying. Not as wonderful to my eye as the perfect, graduation of tone in the skies of a well-made platinum print mind you, but certainly respectable.