U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Thanks, I think --Re: "Raw" for dummies ?

Re: Thanks, I think --Re: "Raw" for dummies ?

Re the range of contrast in your street portraits, doesn't the old adage "expose for the highlights, develop for the shadows" still have some truth even in this age of modern science miracle cameras?

I would, incidentally, point out that Adobe has just released Lightroom and you might find the demos for adjusting image contrast that are on the Adobe website to be of interest insofar as processing RAW images are concerned.

Best

argon

Check out free AOL at http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and much more.