U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: Thanks, I think --Re: "Raw" for dummies ?

RE: Thanks, I think --Re: "Raw" for dummies ?

  • To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
  • Subject: RE: Thanks, I think --Re: "Raw" for dummies ?
  • From: EJN Photo <ejnphoto@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:16:25 -0600
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net;h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:In-Reply-To:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE;b=KermA+Urp5wul/iZqD7A/Famygr/XDEEsqIH6lM6wHs3mIy9o46t7KUoAdUlYjBc9d3s3jo9blnH3NxBZ6M1rLx/ge9LCQ+bLzc8c+6w/4pOsSajvu99cW7uoi1sMBUWNZqER3PCzpH0gmz87fQurQCL3dz0LhHlTMU/hqjtvsk= ;

Loris, It was highlights that were toast. While PS and Lightroom are
excellent programs, even they can not simple make things up without some
context ( I did say some context here folks so stay with me a little). The
highlights were somewhat cooked out of some hair, shirts, etc. Opening it up
in LR gave me the ability to add some detail where it was gone before
without Photoshoping it back in. It was like working with a RAW file to some
extent. While I am not saying that it is anything like starting with RAW and
doing it right, you should not just say, OH the JPEG is blown out I am
screwed.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9