U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: solarplate stochastic screen - Clarification

Re: solarplate stochastic screen - Clarification

If you do order it from Copygraphics, please clarify whether or not it was rendered using "Ice Fields". Duane said they quickly found a file in my folder on their computers from 2 years ago -- among many -- and that it printed fine in a recent test swatch, without the striations -- but that's not the file from the version of the screen I wound up using!
When I spoke with him yesterday he said he would look further into it. Again, there were 2 different methods Peter used to create the screen, and I didn't prefer the one using Ice Fields for some reason. If you can get a quality version of the 1800 dpi screen that didn't use Ice Fields, that's what I recommend going with.
Just a point of clarification so there's no misunderstandings.

Thanks,
Jon

SusanV wrote:
John Lybrook gets his screens from Copygraphics, in Sante Fe.  I just
ordered mine.  A 16 x 20 is $34 + shipping.

To order it, email Michael larson at: michael@copygsf.com

susan