U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | RE: the humunculus said no

RE: the humunculus said no

Actually, it's verizon's fault. My daughter pays verizon enough for a small family to live on every month for a DSL line that comes and goes like inspiration. Three Big Fags have alas disappeared, but now apt.15 fills in when needed. But I've got to get on Verizon's case... anyway, this is NOT G4's fault,,,, tho can anyone tell me where the "refresh
button" is? (Daughter claims I should push it. Tho I don't think it will help, I'm willing to try. She has pc so claims ignorance of Mac.)

I did by the way get to that website by asking somewhat crossly, again, via "apt 15." And I want to say, sorry folks, if the person who prepared those pages worked for me, I'd fire them. I mean apart from the bad diction. This may be the perfect example of someone who knows the material and THINKS they've explained it, but hasn't. They've done some pretty diagrams, some less pretty, but after re-reading 8 or more times I felt I'd gotten about 12 % of what was purportedly being explained, and I can't possibly be the stupidest person on the internet.

Folks here, like Susan, for instance, almost certainly know the content in advance, so the illustrations and metaphors are like embellishments, or maybe refinements, but fail to inform or orient the non-initiate.

Then again, they may be intended for "the field," not the newby, in which case I'd still fire the writer for not knowing when to use "affect" and when "effect"

PS. Don, I'm in OS X.3.9 --- what more do you WANT ?!

Coming up next: "My very own stalker."

Judy