U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | "Solar plate"

"Solar plate"

I'm asked offlist for a definition of solar plate. I take it for a metal plate with a soluble grain of some sort that will bite nicely when exposed to solar-type rays. But it hasn't been defined, and since it starts to seem like the holy grail, I thought it might add to the sum total of list knowledge to ask, instead of guessing.

PS: One of the websites I got to at recommendation of the list showed some boxing prints, without telling size of the originals (grrrr) that looked on the monitor (to one not a boxing fan) unnecessary but harmless, though some of the prints looked like the people were covered with sand. Was that intentional, or just Verizon?

Susan's prints on the other hand, in ADDITION to telling the size of the originals, looked charming -- and definitely easy to operate. Hurray for the blogspot slider! (And thanks, Susan.)

Judy