U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Tacky attraction

Tacky attraction

Hey all,

I tried putting a KM73 plate I had sitting out all night with the mylar removed into my vacuum frame with a fresh, clean piece of OHP. It didn't affect the air patches, which were apparent in under a minute, as usual. Attempting to press them out (through the Krene plastic I'm using instead of glass) with a brayer after drying out both the plate and the transparency with a hairdryer for a few minutes didn't have any affect either.

I'm anticipating Susan's idea about treating the transparency with a spray coating of something prior to exposing it helps this tackiness problem. I'm also hopeful it doesn't introduce any new problems (besides the health risks of aerosol glues and paints)! Looking forward to hearing about her results and trying it out myself soon.

Thanks,
Jon