U of S | Mailing List Archive | alt-photo-process-l | Re: Epson 3800 vs 4800 - any advice?

Re: Epson 3800 vs 4800 - any advice?

Jon,

I've got access to a 4800, and I'm not too impressed with its digital
negative performance (although I've heard others say it's great).

In my experience, the 4800's ink density isn't quite as high as I'd like it
to be...I had to increase the ink density by 10-15% for a pt/pd neg using
PDN just to get paper white.  I promptly went back to the 4000.  :)

Camden Hardy

camden[at]hardyphotography[dot]net
http://www.hardyphotography.net